Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Temples, birthdays, and so much more...

Saturday one of my best friends, Laurie went to the temple and took out her own endowments. I was able to be there with her and I am so grateful for that. I am so glad that she has decided to make the next step forward in her spiritual growth. Now I have one more person I can go with. She was a little sad because she is the only active person in her family. I understand a little because my husband is not active. I enjoy going to the temple, but it always makes me sad as well. The temple and the church as a whole are family oriented. It should be that way, it is just hard sometimes. I want to be sealed to my husband and kids so bad. I guess maybe I am not as ready as I think I am for that to happen. I need to learn some patience apparently. As a side note, after the temple on Saturday a group of us ate dinner at The Bamboo Club. It was really good. I highly recommend it to everyone!

Yesterday I got an early birhtday present from Cristi and Laurie. It was a Spot Bot! YEA!!!!! I have been wanting one for a long time. It can clean by itself. I finally have one cleaning fairy. Where are the rest of them? I am very excited to use it. I am going to try it out today. I will let everyone know what I think. So far this has been the best birthday I have had in a long time. Cristi made me cupcakes this morning and Matt, Michael, and Cristi sang me happy birthday. So happy birthday to me. I am now the young age of 31.

So most of you know in May I got my tubes done. I am very happy because I don't think I could handle more then the five I already have. I am a little sad as well just knowing that I can no longer have anymore children. I hated the surgery. Well the surgery itself went well, I just had a difficult time healing. It took a long time to recover. I am very glad that I am past that point in my life. It is now time to move on to better things in my life.

3 comments:

Cristina said...

Happy Birthday again!!! I Love you! I LOVE your blog when you update it!!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear it was a good one. I think I should befriend Cristi and Laurie before my next birthday...I need a cleaning fairy too!! Glad to see you posting finally...you should do it more often.

Cristina said...

You need to update this. It will be fun!! I want to read all about you since I don't know you very well. Just kidding!! Love you!!! No but seriously you need to update